The E2M28 pump is a two-stage, direct drive, sliding vane pump. The pump is oil sealed and designed for reliable, long-term operation in both laboratory and industrial environments. The pump is a freestanding unit with the drive provided through a flexible coupling by either a single-phase or three-phase (four-pole) motor.
Supplied with: VacOil 19 oil, NW25 O-ring and centering ring, lifting plate.
An oil pressure system lubricates the pump shaft bearing surfaces and rotor sealing faces. The pump has an oil distribution valve which prevents discharge of oil to the pump interior (suckback) after the pump stops. The pumping chambers are air-tight, so this arrangement prevents oil suckback unless the gas ballast valve is open.
You can inspect the level and condition of oil in the oil box reservoir through the oil sight-glass. An oil filler-plug is fitted to the top of the oil box. The pump has two oil drain-plugs to allow either gravity oil drain or pressure oil drain.
- Analytical instruments - LCMS
- Beam lines and high energy physics
- Centrifuges, ultra-high speed
- Degassing/curing - oil, epoxy resin
- Freeze drying
- Gas bottle filling/emptying
- Gel drying
- Glove boxes, ovens
- Laboratory bench top vacuum
- Lasers, gas recovery and re-circulation
- Leak detectors, Helium
- Load locks and transfer chambers
- Refrigeration manufacture
- Rotary, centrifugal evaporators
- Solvent recovery
- Surface science instruments
- Turbomolecular backing pumps
Features and Benefits
- The pump is designed for reliable, long-term operation.
- Thermal overload device prevents overheating (single phase only).
- The pump is a free-standing unit.
- The drive is provided through a flexible coupling by a single-phase or three-phase (four pole) motor.
- The motors are totally enclosed and are cooled by the motor-cooling fan.
- Easy to use controls.
- Pressure die cast oil box with integral oil seals prevents oil leaks.
- Gas ballast valve for large water vapour handling capacity.
- Externally approved to EN61010, CSA, C22.2 and UL61010.
- Oil distribution valve.
- Pumping chambers are air-tight.
- Oil sight-glass, two oil drain-plugs, inlet-port and outlet nozzle all fitted as standard.
- Gas-ballast control.
|Displacement (swept volume)|
|50 Hz||32.2 m3h-1 / 19 ft3min-1|
|60 Hz||38.9 m3h-1 / 22.3 ft3min-1|
|Speed (Pneurop 6602)|
|50 Hz||27.5 m3h-1 / 16.2 ft3min-1|
|60Hz||33.0 m3h-1 / 19.5 ft3min-1|
|Ultimate vacuum (total pressure)|
|without gas ballast||1 x 10-3 mbar / 7.5 x 10-4 Torr|
|with gas ballast||1.5 x 10-2 mbar / 1.1 x 10-2 Torr|
|with Fomblin®||1 x 10-2 mbar / 7.5 x 10-3 Torr|
|Inlet connection||NW25 flange|
|Outlet connection*||Nozzle 15 mm external Ø removable from 3/4 in BSP tapped hole|
|Max allowed pressure at outlet||0.5 bar gauge / 7 psig|
|Max inlet pressure for water vapour||30 mbar / 23 Torr|
|Max water vapour pumping rate||0.7 kg h-1|
|Operating temperature range||13 – 40 °C|
|Nominal rotation speed||1440 / 1720 rpm|
|Motor power 50 Hz||0.75 kW|
|Motor power 60 Hz||0.90 kW|
|Power Connector 1-ph**||IEC EN60320 C19|
|Weight||44 kg / 97 lbs|
|Noise||57 dB(A) @ 50 Hz|
|Oil capacity - max||1.5 litre|
|Oil capacity - min||1.2 litre|
|Recommended oil (supplied)||Ultragrade 19|
* The PFPE are supplied with NW25 outlet connection
** Pumps listed with IEC connector only
Best practices to change vacuum pump oil on a two stage rotary vane vacuum pump. VacOil - Premium Vacuum Fluids www.vacoil.com
VacOil - How t...Best practices to change vacuum pump oil on a two stage rotary...
6 Month Manufacturer Warranty