With exceptional pumping capability, ultimate vacuum performance and state-of-the-art design features, the nXDS dry scroll pump is the best performing pump in its class.
nXDS improves on the legacy XDS pumps by offering increased pumping speeds, combined with lower ultimate pressures, lower power consumption and lower noise. Gas ballast allows for pumping of condensable vapors including, water, solvents, dilute acids and bases. nXDS pumps also feature the latest in tip seal technology giving significantly longer life between tip seal changes. Integrated inverter drive with auto sensing voltage input delivers optimized pumping performance globally. nXDS pumps are designed to be completely field serviceable.
Scroll pumps are an excellent alternative to rotary vane pumps where oil free pumping is desirable. The nXDS pumps in particular use an innovative bearing shield to isolate the vacuum environment from all forms of lubricant not only making them totally dry, but also protecting the bearing from any process gases. Vapor handling is enabled by an adjustable gas ballast; this allows the range of pumps to satisfy many applications that were previously off limits to other scroll pumps.
- Backing turbomolecular pumps
- Chamber evacuation
- Chemical applications including gel dryers and solvent recovery
- Electron microscopy
- High energy physics
- Mass spectrometry
Features and Benefits
- Lubricant-free within the vacuum envelope and hermetically sealed means a totally clean and dry vacuum to prevent cross contamination.
- Advanced scroll-form and tip-seal technologies deliver best‑in-class vacuum performance and unrivalled ultimate vacuum levels.
- Unique tip seal design significantly reduces wear to minimise maintenance and extend service life.
- Quiet operation with typical noise during operation < 52 dB(A) for minimal environmental impact.
- Advanced interface providing a variety of traditional and analogue and digital control methods enabling remote control/monitoring via RS232 or RS485.
- Integrated inverter drive with auto sensing input delivers optimised pumping performance globally.
- Push button control, remote serial & parallel control and USB interface.
|Nominal rotational speed||1800 rpm|
|Displacement||12.7 m3h-1 / 7.5 ft3min-1|
|Peak pumping speed||11.4 m3h-1 / 6.7 ft3min-1|
|Ultimate vacuum (total pressure)||0.007 mbar / 0.005 Torr|
|Minimum standby rotational speed||1200 rpm|
|Speed control resolution (percentage of full rotation speed)||1%|
|Pumping speed at minimum rotational speed||7.5|
|Maximum continuous inlet pressure||200 mbar|
|Motor power 1-ph||280 W|
|Power connector 1-ph||IEC EN60320 C13|
|Recommended fuse||10A, 250Vac rms|
|Weight||25.8 kg / 57 lb|
|Noise level||52 dB(A)|
|Vibration at inlet flange||< 4.5 mms-1 (rms)|
|Leak tightness (static)||< 1x10-6 mbar ls-1|
|Operating temperature range||10 to 40 °C / 41 to 104 °F|