Change Vacuum Pump Oil
When do I change my vacuum pump fluid?
- After a 100 hour break-in period of pump operation.
- When the pump fluid becomes contaminated or is(and/or) discolored.
- When condensation in the pump fluid is present.
- Before and after the pump has been stored for a long period of time.
- When the vacuum pump level is significantly higher than the rated blankoff vacuum. This is best tested with a high vacuum gauge mounted directly on the inlet port.
- When the vacuum pump is not reaching the desired vacuum level. This is best tested with a vacuum gauge placed directly on the pump.
- Depending on your oil type, application and possible contaminants, the frequency of oil changes can range anywhere from daily to yearly. and set a frequency which could be from daily to yearly depending on the oil type, and application.